Assessing the cost of care
Life is full of surprises. With AARP® Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico®, you can prepare now for the out-of-pocket costs associated with extended care.
Selecting your benefits
Are you wondering what benefit levels are right for you? Use the Benefit Selection Tool to help you make informed decisions.Use Benefit Selection Tool
Coverage for five types of care
When the need for care arises, you can select the type of care that is right for you. If you discover you need more or less care during your recovery, you have the freedom to change facilities and the benefits will follow you.Learn About the Five Types of Care Covered
Plans available from
--- / month
Rate quotes are for illustrative purposes only and are not guaranteed. This quote is not an offer or contract. Medico reserves the right to adjust quoted rates based on information provided by the application, the underwriting process, applicant interviews, or to correct any errors on the quotation. Any coverage is effective only after approved by Medico, and only after premium has been received. All plan provisions apply. If an applicant’s age increases after the quote is submitted and the coverage is not yet approved by Medico, the premium will be adjusted to reflect the new age in the rates.
Request more information
Get information about AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico sent to you via mail or email.Request a Product Guide
Learn More About Costs of Care
Hip Fracture Recovery: Short-Term Care Insurance Can Be With You Every Step
You might think of a hip fracture as just a broken bone, but it can impact your overall health, and if you’re not properly insured, can diminish your savings.Learn More
Short-Term Care Insurance Can Cover Essential Early Pneumonia Care
The key to pneumonia recovery is ensuring steps are taken early. In other words, if you’re able to properly care for yourself following a hospitalization, particularly early on, your chances of full recovery increase.Learn More
Short-Term Care Insurance Can Ease Costs of the Stroke Recovery Process
Each road to stroke recovery is different, and AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico helps cover five types of care to suit your needs.Learn More
Make AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico a part of your future care plan.
Exclusions and limitations (may vary by state)
No benefits will be paid for any expense not identified and included as a covered loss under the policy. You will be fully responsible for payment of any expense that is not a covered loss. We will not pay benefits for:
- Any loss that occurs while this policy is not in force.
- Services or supplies not covered under this policy or not included in your plan of care.
- Treatment of complications of a non-covered loss.
- Any treatment for loss that:
- Is not medically necessary.
- Is not prescribed by a physician as necessary to treat a sickness or injury.
- Is determined to be experimental or investigational.
- Is received without charge or legal obligation to pay.
- Would not routinely be paid in the absence of insurance.
- Is received from any family member.
- Any suicide attempt, while sane or insane, or any intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- Alcoholism, drug addiction, or their complications, unless addiction resulted from narcotics prescribed by a physician.
- Injuries received or caused directly or indirectly while under the influence of a controlled substance, unless prescribed by a physician, or by intoxication as defined by the laws and jurisdiction of the geographic area in which the loss or cause of loss was incurred.
- Loss to which a contributing cause was your commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation.
- Loss that occurs outside the territorial limits of the United States.
- Any loss resulting from war, declared or undeclared, or actively serving in the armed forces or their auxiliary units, including any country’s National Guard or Army Reserve or their equivalent.
- Any loss resulting from any device for aerial navigation, except as a fare-paying passenger.
STCI-010 Rev. 05/20