Plan for tomorrow.
Plan ahead for whatever life brings you, so you can go wherever life takes you.
What is Short-Term Care Insurance?
Short-Term Care insurance helps cover the cost of different types of care for up to 360 days. It can be used to recover from an illness or injury or to transition from living independently to receiving assisted care at home or in a facility.Learn More
Options to fit your situation
Five types of care
AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico can help ease your out-of-pocket costs when care is needed. And if your circumstances change, your coverage allows you to switch between care options, so you receive the appropriate level of care for your situation.
Assisted living facility
Hospice care facility
The extra support you need
When you face a situation where you need extended care, AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico provides benefits to help coordinate your care plan or assist with routine household tasks.
Selecting your benefits
Are you wondering what benefit levels are right for you? Use the Benefit Selection Tool to help you make informed decisions.Use Benefit Selection Tool
Plans available from
--- / month
Rate quotes are for illustrative purposes only and are not guaranteed. This quote is not an offer or contract. Medico reserves the right to adjust quoted rates based on information provided by the application, the underwriting process, applicant interviews, or to correct any errors on the quotation. Any coverage is effective only after approved by Medico, and only after premium has been received. All plan provisions apply. If an applicant’s age increases after the quote is submitted and the coverage is not yet approved by Medico, the premium will be adjusted to reflect the new age in the rates.
Learn More About Short-Term Care Insurance
Options for Short-Term Care After Hospitalization
Get ready for recovery with advanced planning and learning about short-term careLearn More
Planning for Your Future Care
Budget now for the care you’ll need later to limit stress and live your best life in your golden years.Learn More
Tips to Navigate Caregiving Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
Learn how to manage a variety of caregiving concerns — from legal matters to self care.Learn More
Why Short-Term Care Insurance is a Growing Trend
Americans are spending less time in hospitals and are recovering in rehabilitative centers, skilled nursing care facilities, or at home.Learn More
Who Needs Short-Term Care Insurance
Short-Term Care insurance can make financial sense for anyone, but particularly for those age 50 and over.Learn More
How Short-Term Care Insurance Can Help Protect You and Your Family
Short-Term Care insurance lets you prepare for care and protect you and your family from unexpected costs.Learn More
5 Types of Care to Cover Your Needs
AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico not only provides benefits toward days of care in five locations, you also receive help coordinating your care among them.Learn More
Understanding Your Care Planning Options
When it comes to your healthcare, you want to make wise, informed choices, so you’ll want to take a few minutes to learn how different types of coverage compare.Learn More
Benefits and Riders Increase Value of Short-Term Care Insurance
It’s important to maximize your finances in retirement while also planning for future care needs. That’s why AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico was designed with value in mind.Learn More
Hip Fracture Recovery: Short-Term Care Insurance Can Be With You Every Step
You might think of a hip fracture as just a broken bone, but it can impact your overall health, and if you’re not properly insured, can diminish your savings.Learn More
Short-Term Care Insurance Can Cover Essential Early Pneumonia Care
The key to pneumonia recovery is ensuring steps are taken early. In other words, if you’re able to properly care for yourself following a hospitalization, particularly early on, your chances of full recovery increase.Learn More
Short-Term Care Insurance Can Ease Costs of the Stroke Recovery Process
Each road to stroke recovery is different, and AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico helps cover five types of care to suit your needs.Learn More
Request more information
Get information about AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico sent to you via mail or email.Request a Product Guide
Make AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico a part of your future care plan.
Exclusions and limitations (may vary by state)
No benefits will be paid for any expense not identified and included as a covered loss under the policy. You will be fully responsible for payment of any expense that is not a covered loss. We will not pay benefits for:
- Any loss that occurs while this policy is not in force.
- Services or supplies not covered under this policy or not included in your plan of care.
- Treatment of complications of a non-covered loss.
- Any treatment for loss that:
- Is not medically necessary.
- Is not prescribed by a physician as necessary to treat a sickness or injury.
- Is determined to be experimental or investigational.
- Is received without charge or legal obligation to pay.
- Would not routinely be paid in the absence of insurance.
- Is received from any family member.
- Any suicide attempt, while sane or insane, or any intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- Alcoholism, drug addiction, or their complications, unless addiction resulted from narcotics prescribed by a physician.
- Injuries received or caused directly or indirectly while under the influence of a controlled substance, unless prescribed by a physician, or by intoxication as defined by the laws and jurisdiction of the geographic area in which the loss or cause of loss was incurred.
- Loss to which a contributing cause was your commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation.
- Loss that occurs outside the territorial limits of the United States.
- Any loss resulting from war, declared or undeclared, or actively serving in the armed forces or their auxiliary units, including any country’s National Guard or Army Reserve or their equivalent.
- Any loss resulting from any device for aerial navigation, except as a fare-paying passenger.
STCI-001 Rev. 05/20